Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy B-Day to me.

So a fellow blogger and great illustrator has a list of 34 things.

http://www.frenchtoastgirl.com/thoughts/34.shtml

I am not sure if it has to do with age or what but I thought I would steal the idea and make my own list of 30 things.

Anyway happy 30th to me and here is my list of 30.

1. Finish Tri for the Cure
(okay this one is tomorrow but it is a big one!!!!!)

2. Draw at least once a week. Right now it is more like once a month for my deadline project...
Illustration Friday would be good.

3. Love what I do - so far so good, it is a great job and I am happy!! I know I have said before but it is amazing how to love your job seeps into everything I do. i am happy when I come home, and it is just really good!

4. Don't be so hard on yourself.
This birthday has been hard. First time a year going by seems like a sad thing. I don't know why. I have so much and I am so "blessed". I have great friends, a healthy family, great job, my life is very rich. Somehow there is this emptiness - and I don't know what it is.

5. Take mom to Europe.
My mom put me through college without any student loans. She worked weekends so I would be debt free out of school. She worked those weekends for 5 years. I want to give her something that she will remember forever. She went to Europe when I was in school with my family, I didn't get to go because of school, but she loved the trip and i want to take her on another trip anywhere she wants to go. So hopefully we will figure it out and get to go this year!

6. Get a passport and use it this year.
(I am going to India in 8 weeks - more on this in another entry)

7. Become a morning person.
Well, I have been awake since 6:30.
This is happening because I am taking lightrail to work and have early morning meetings.

8. Organize my studio.
Ah what a mess it is. No wonder I don't do much down here...

9. Don't' forget to breathe.

10. Do more yoga.
There is a yoga studio behind my office - I could go there and see if I like it.
The yoga I was doing scares me because my car got broken into. Not a good way to relax.

11. Call my friends more - hang out with like minded people.

12. Journal more.
Morning pages are good.

13. Don't be afraid of creating new things. Even if it is ugly - at least it is out of your system!!!!

14. Paint the bedroom. It will be green - asparagus!

15. Hang family pictures. I have many but the frames/ sizes need to change...

16. Make cards instead of buying them.

17. Get in better shape. Keep working out.

18. Learn something new this year.

19. Grow a family.

20. Get organized with the paperwork around here... ahhhh I am drowning in a sea of old bills and things I don't need.

21. Take time for myself once a month.

22. Stick to the budget... Well, create a budget and then stick to it.

23. Sew something fun.

24. Scrapbook the wedding stuff. We are supposed to scrapbook here once a month - hasn't happened in a while but it will be coming back!

25. Walk the dog 3 times a week.

26. Learn my "style" of art.

27. Finish things that I start... like the quilt I have to finish.

28. Take some classes. I want to do yoga or art at the student's league.

29. Volunteer for 3 things this year.
(last year I did 2 events, help kids buy school clothes at Mervyns and the Art Student's league summer art)
This year I would love to do habitat for humanity and Thanksgiving soup kitchen and something else...

30. Create a website - I bought the domain... now I just need to get the website started.
I thought it would be fun to have an event calendar - so we know what everyone is up to for the up coming months.
Ah dreams...

Okay I better get started with my day. Breakfast and errands and relaxing - that Tri is tomorrow!

g

No comments: